Hmmm … The Rise of Disc Golf: A Greener Alternative to ‘Ball Golf’ … okay, so instead of golfing balls into a hole, you throw frisbies into a frisbie catcherthingie, or at golfers’ heads, I assume. And this is posited an alternative to golf, given that golf – as a popular sport – is in a decline. Aargh, no! Weep tears and wail in despair! Yes, that was sarcasm.
1. Is this only a game for sporting enthusiasts – like those who sand board and climb up rocks, for example?
2. Someone should start a similar stunt in SA … I’ve a feeling that as a sport mad nation, this will definitely take-off. And then take it to Australia.
3. And then make beach disc golf. Ooh, I can so see this on Durban’s beaches 🙂
4. Disc golf for the Wii? Go out and develop it!
5. Where are all the business deals being made now?
6. Will golf become a rich only sport? Or was it at some time, and then it became afforable (read “common”)? So, the rich left it alone, the average Joe couldn’t actually afford it; now golf is in a decline, and the rich are playing with their new toys. (If someone knows where or what the rich are doing – market it now!)
This seems like such a simple idea, yet it has so much potential. I am reminded here of Calvinball, and of Scottyball, as on the Dilbert blog. There was a competition running at the time we left SA: something about creating a new game or sporting activity (I think it was for some ice tea or something – not too sure here, the radio ads were bloody annoying). I wonder what happened there?
So, back to my point – go out and have some fun outside 🙂 Don’t stick to the usual usual – make up your own game, invite some friends, and then market it (why not?).