This was an article in the local paper – and it made me think… I am one of those eight people! I mean, you take boiling an egg for granted, like how long do you cook it for?
According to this article, almost 80% of people don’t know how to do this or even roast a chicken.
Can you boil an egg? Please answer BEFORE you read the ingrediants below 🙂
- Place the raw egg in a saucepan.
- Run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
- Place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly