Ok, I ain’t no stunt man, but I do try 🙂 Since Fayyaad mentioned his dreamy condition I thought I should enlighten you all on how to deal with head trauma. In this scenario the head trauma was caused by me making a short movie where carefully choreographed fight scene ending in me being punched over a couch. Now all went well except the dive over the couch where I seemed to aim my head at the only wooden bar in the otherwise soft couch.
- Lack of motor coordination
- Light sensitivity
- Seeing bright lights
- Blurred / double vision
- Ringing in the ears
For a good list of symptoms, go to the wiki
For me the pain and then bad loss in vision really freaked me out enough to want to go to the hospital.
What to do and not to do?
- Go straight to hospital
- Don’t watch TV or play video games for 24 hrs after
- Don’t drink booze
- Don’t go to work or school for 24hrs
Below are some additions I would like to make 🙂
- Don’t fool your wife into thinking you are ok and attempt the scene again
- Don’t run for a bus the next day
- Don’t tickle your wife causing her to accidently elbow you in the head the following day
Never give up your dream of doing stunts; two dislocated arms, one concussion and millions of bruises later I still feel like a stunt man! 😀